Frontend Software Engineer (Co-Op) - January 2024
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Are you a 3rd or 4th-year student with a passion for video games? Do you have the desire to help create compelling interactive experiences for our players? Are you excited by the idea of working on iconic franchises? Well, we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for aspiring Software Engineers interested in frontend development to work with our experienced team of engineers as part of a co-op program that begins in January 2024 and extends over a four-month term. During this time, you will work within a collaborative environment while gaining knowledge and first-hand experience in building frontend (Unity + Mobile) features. What you work on will be enjoyed by millions!
In this role, you can expect to:
- With the support of existing programmers, understand given requirements, write code, pass code reviews, build a test and deployment plan and get your features live!
- Support in building screens, widgets, and other UI elements in an extensible way that is tunable by designers
- Build and support tools that improve the workflows of artists, designers, and other programmers
- Act upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and hone features
- Work closely with producers, designers, and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements that may arise
Your background includes:
- 3rd or 4th year in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience with Unity
- Strong interest in mobile gaming
To take it up a notch, you will also have:
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Knowledge of relevant environments (Unity, NodeJS, Google Cloud are a plus)
- A strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases is an asset
- Experience working on game-related projects is an asset
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.