Sales & Business Development
Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You love working with teams to ensure they are focused, well organized, and getting everything they need to deliver great work. You act as a force multiplier for the teams you help manage. You enjoy working with Producers to prioritize work, manage risks, and plan different scenarios. Most importantly, you enjoy motivating people to create great games and have fun while doing it.
Sounds like a match? Our studio located on the South Shore of Montreal is looking for a Development Manager to join us.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work primarily in-office from the Montreal (Longueuil) studio, with flexible work from home days when needed.
- Communicate directly with players to gather feedback and support player-driven initiatives
- Help track vendor progress within the assigned areas.
- Assist directly in Submission & Release processes for the project.
- Identify dependencies and priorities between sprint and milestone tasks in partnership with department leads.
- Monitor sprint & milestone progress and communicate any risks around schedule and resources.
- Proactively solve problems, balance priorities, and assess risk for active and upcoming sprints and milestones.
- Advocate for and empower the team, making sure they have everything they need to shine in their position.
- Collaborate with the Producer & project discipline leads on process improvement initiatives.
- Support an environment where staff understand how their daily work contributes to product and company goals.
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- A solid working proficiency in French (both written & oral).
- 2-4 years experience in mobile games, or similar areas, and familiarity with the project cycle from initial planning through to release and live support.
- The ability to take a team-first approach where everything starts and ends with the team: advocating, partnering, and empowering them to promote a positive development culture.
- Top-notch communication and collaboration skills with the diplomacy to help resolve conflicts, be a motivator when needed, and understand when to challenge assumptions and say no.
- Being accessible and approachable while partnering with team members and stakeholders proactively.
- Experience running project management tools, techniques, and processes to help establish and run project tracking adhering to established practices while looking at opportunities for improvement.
- Some understanding and experience with planning for different development areas such as art, design, and engineering.
- Can-do attitude, self-directing, and confidence to drive their area(s) without supervision.
- Ideally has a good understanding of games as a service business model.
- Bonus points for fluency in Mandarin and Simplified Chinese.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
- Hybrid Work: We want to provide flexible arrangements that suit all work-styles. We offer hybrid work arrangements of 2 days in-office to foster team collaboration and bonding. Full-remote options are also available for certain positions within Kabam.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.