Game Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You are a sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for mobile games. Your experience helps to demonstrate your superior quantitative analytical skill and a scientific thought process. Your expertise paves the way for working with our game team to optimize every facet of player retention and monetization to ensure the continued success of our games. Large data sets are your playground and you can’t wait to join the fun!
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Providing support to cross-functional teams across the organization to understand overall business goals, improve reporting, and assist with larger scale projects as needed
- Finding ways to answer business inquiries via hands-on exploration of data sets using SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations
- Providing data driven insights to business teams to support in product decision-making and strategy
- Generate and maintain a suite of dashboards and reports for teams throughout the organization
- Create and manage multiple A/B tests to gain valuable insights on KPIs including retention, acquisition, and monetization
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
- Aid in task prioritization and general project management within the data team
- Support / share with junior data analysts the data analysis skills
- Maintain pulse on gaming industry market trends
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of industry data analysis experience, with solid knowledge of statistical methods
- 3+ years of industry data experience in games (mobile, console, PC), online casino, slot games, or any high volume B2C mobile apps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Expert SQL skills and experience querying large data sets
- Proven ability to thrive using multiple mixed, varied, and inconsistent data sources
- Fundamental knowledge of project management methodologies
- Regular communication with stakeholders from other departments and drive actionable items for continuous improvement
It would be nice to have:
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Tableau, JIRA and/or other project management software
- Experience working for a social or mobile game developer
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles
- MBA or Master’s Degree
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
- Hybrid Work: We want to provide flexible arrangements that suit all work-styles. We offer hybrid work arrangements of 2 days in-office to foster team collaboration and bonding. Full-remote options are also available for certain positions within Kabam.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.