Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst collaborates with key business partners to budget, forecast, provide variance analysis/commentary of the company’s financial performance and share actionable insights to support quick and accurate decision making. Your primary responsibility is to provide product support to the company’s portfolio of games and key stakeholders.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be accountable for:
- Financial & Strategic Business Partnership
- Gain a strong understanding of the company’s product portfolio
- Be the financial lead for a set of games; responsible for all financial performance inquiries
- Provide decision support through analysis and tracking data and performance analysis
- Dig deep into the story the data provides and convert to a meaningful story for the business and product stakeholders to influence decisions
- Measure and report on product (portfolio) performance and analyze key business performance indicators
- Prepare in-depth financial analysis of new initiatives, identify and communicate key product trends and risks and opportunities to stakeholders
- Work with budget owners to investigate variances to Plan and Forecast
- Manage the monthly forecasting cycle for vendors; advise on accruals for month-end close
- Product Portfolio Ownership
- Provide Advanced financial analysis and reports to product stakeholders
- Report the performance of all live games on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage complex financial models and reports to develop meaningful insights
- Create advanced product P&L forecasting and variance analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk and improve performance
- Assist in the annual planning and monthly forecasting process in partnership with stakeholders across the business.
- Participate in the preparation and review of income statements for budgeting and forecasting on a portfolio of games
- Create variance analysis reports and financial models for product portfolio management
- Set and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives
- Collaborate with senior members of the finance teams
- Suggests process and tools improvements for more accurate and efficient forecasting and planning process
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent and ideally have your CPA or MBA
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a product analyst and/or FP&A role
- Industry experience in gaming, telecommunications or technology industry an asset
- Positive mindset, strong desire to learn, and energetic approach to challenges
- Experience with complex revenue and cohort based behavioural modeling
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing large sets of data with attention to details
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Experience with Adaptive Planning or similar cloud-based financial planning/reporting tools, Tableau and data management/query building application(s) such as BigQuery an asset
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Slides
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.