Senior Website Designer
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate website designer to play a pivotal role in showcasing Jane to new and existing customers in a way that’s intuitive and easily navigable, ensuring a seamless user experience. You are a storyteller that can bring potential customers on a journey of discovery and empowerment to understand who Jane is and how we can help them. Your designs will reflect a deep understanding of our users’ needs supported by meticulous research and thoughtful user-centricity. You are an advocate for accessibility and inclusivity in your work. You will lead not only with your expertise but also as a mentor to fellow designers, fostering an environment where creativity flourishes and every design decision is underpinned by strategic intent.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt the Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack. We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
The impact you'll have:
- You well help to transform our current website into a place that showcases the amazing product that is Jane, tell our story and ensure a seamless experience that guides users to help find what they are looking for.
- You are the design expert, advocating for simplicity, accessibility and design excellence.
- With great design, you will help existing customers be set up for success, by empowering them to utilize Jane to its full potential.
- You will help to showcase and tell Jane’s story to help convert potential customers into Jane users.
- You will help to grow the design team by mentoring other designers.
The experience we feel we need:
- 3+ years experience designing with a strong portfolio showcasing successfully launched websites.
- Expert knowledge in information architecture, user experience, responsive and interaction design.
- Exceptional eye for detail with meticulous layout and typographic skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to support the team by creating tickets, documenting requirements and design QA.
- Highly organized individual who is comfortable taking on big projects with an incremental change-based approach.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Very comfortable conducting thorough user research and user testing with experience using tools like Google Analytics and Hotjar.
- Good understanding on how to get the most out of your design for SEO.
- Proficient in ensuring brand consistency across all platforms and mediums.
As well as a great team, you'll have:
- The ability to work from anywhere in Canada. We also have some flexibility to occasionally work outside of Canada.
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
- Our hiring process consists of a 30-minute Zoom call with our recruiter, where they will discuss your background, motivations, and provide information about the role, Jane, compensation, and benefits.
- Next, there will be a 1-hour Design Interview with the Hiring Manager & a Graphic Designer for a deep dive into your past projects. This will be similar to a case study walk-through.
- Following the Design Interview, you will meet with the Marketing Website Team to chat about your cross-functional work experience, design processes, on-site SEO optimizations, and more.
- Afterward, our team will hold a debriefing session to discuss their feedback. To mitigate bias, feedback is not discussed among team members until this meeting.
- Throughout the process, your recruiter will provide regular check-ins, updates, and feedback. Assuming all goes well, we will then proceed to the offer and reference check stage. If we decide to keep in touch in the future, you'll be provided with detailed feedback as to why.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.