Oracle Fusion Middleware/IIS Middleware Admin
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier at PD ALTESS. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing, configuring and hardening of Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in Windows and Linux environments. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards. Must have 1-2 years of experience with Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Coldfusion or JBOSS. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support of these technologies in Dev, Test and Prod environments; assisting in project releases; configuring and installing the middleware technologies; assisting in troubleshooting of reported outages. A large portion of this role is responsible in developing automation maintenance tasks using Ansible and Powershell. Responsible for maintaining security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet ALTESS and ARMY security requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Working tasks in ServiceNow for installing, configuring, patching or troubleshooting Application and Web servers
- Documenting progress on tickets with in ServiceNow
- Developing automation scripts for maintenance tasks
- Periodic review of Army Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Documenting common knowledge for future team use into a Knowledge Management System
Consistent review of literature and current practices to support business
Location: On-site in Radford, VA
Security Clearance: DOD Secret (fully adjudicated) as a minimum
CompTIA Security+ and Environmental Cert within 6 months
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Security Clearance: DOD Secret (fully adjudicated) as a minimum
- Citizenship: US
- Required Certifications:
CompTIA Security+ and Environmental Cert within 6 month
- Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, ColdFusion or similar class server systems.
- 1-2 years of experience in application server management in a large enterprise environment using IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, ColdFusion, Powershell or similar enterprise mid-tier management tool
- 1-2 years of experience with automating maintenance tasks in an IT Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration tool such as Ansible
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux administrations skills.
- Background in a Web Application Server environment in a substantially large enterprise.
- Understanding of application network architectures to troubleshoot firewall and port issues
- Understanding of Private Key Infrastructure, such as SSL implementation.