SAP Basis monitor
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You’ll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
SAP solution architects serve as the conduit between businesses and technology. You will use your analytical and problem-solving skills, to craft adaptable, comprehensive suites appropriate for each client.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Strategic Technical Solutions for Business Transformation: Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design technical solutions required to support business transformations and articulating proposed solutions in business terms demonstrating technical effectiveness.
- Project Management and Delivery Excellence: Managing or executing specific project deliverables and scope to ensure project schedules & timelines are respected.
- Architectural Guidance and Functional Specifications: Have architectural oversight to provide solutions, technical guidance and functional specifications based on business requirements.
- Continuous SAP Knowledge Expansion: You’ll be able to expand your SAP knowledge base (in cooperation with SAP trainings)
- This Basis Monitor provides support to experienced technical consultants to maintain the system/network. They will support a variety of needs including monitoring/maintaining system performance and supporting administrative needs (i.e. meeting minutes, reporting, documentation). This is a shift based role, with required work possible on nights, weekends, and/or holidays depending on the assigned shift.
- This is a shift based role, with required work possible on nights, weekends, and/or holidays depending on the assigned shift
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of or exposure to relevant principles, methods, and techniques used in operating system administration, database administration and/or network administration
- Working knowledge of the MS office suite
- Security + and OS+ (or RedHat124) certifications required within 60 days of onboarding
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise; an Associate’s Degree together with two years of documented relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be able to clear a DoD Top Secret Clearance. PAA form and SSBI required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to SAP Basis, Tivoli, UNIX admin, JAVA, Windows admin, database admin, or other COTS applications
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills