Digital Sales Manager - Red Hat
A Digital Sales Manager career within IBM means being a leader. A conductor who sets the tone for collaboration, innovation, and growth across your team of digital sales specialist, development representatives and technical experts. It means cultivating a ‘one team’ culture across IBM sales and marketing teams, 3rd party eco-system sales partners, and clients within their markets and /or territories. All-the-while ensuring they’re obsessing over delivering client value.
With ownership and accountability, you’ll partner with other sales and technical leaders across Red Hat, and our selling partners’ eco-system to identify and qualify leads, land deals, and expand existing customer relationships.
Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always connected to a wider team, you’ll be surrounded by other leaders and colleagues. People who are always willing to help and be helped as you scale your business, with and through your team, as they compel clients to invest in IBM’s people, products, and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
A natural at inspiring and motivating others, you’ll support your digital sales squad and wider sales /marketing network through the end-to-end sales process.
Fusing best-in-class traditional and contemporary digital selling techniques (website lead nurturing, social selling, inbound follow-up, outbound outreach etc.,) you’ll facilitate the successful landing of opportunities. From MQL identification to SQL qualification – through to pitch preparation and attendance; deal closure; product deployment, and user adoption growth.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Sales Play and Value Proposition Communication: Understand critical sales plays and value propositions of Red Hat and support your teams in clearly communicating these to clients through various digital tools and techniques (Web, social, email, messaging apps, CRM outreach, etc.).
- Results-Oriented Culture Establishment: Establish a culture focused on results, anticipating and identifying inhibitors and best practices to accelerate business outcomes and enhance performance across the spectrum of Digital Sales.
- Operational Excellence and Performance Management: Manage key performance indicators and sales targets, process simplification, and resource optimization to improve productivity, progression, conversion, and yield. Facilitate overall territory strategy and planning for effective coverage plan.
- Red Hat Business Partnership: Builds and maintains relationships with key RH business partners in territory and engages them with squad members as part of territory management. Drives collaboration within the squad as well as with all Routes to Market (marketing, partners) as part of territory management.
- Sales Cadences and Business Reviews: Conduct weekly/biweekly sales cadences and quarterly business reviews, with a focus on core metrics, including validated lead count, validated lead revenue, and win revenue, along with sharing insightful lessons learned.
- Inspirational Sales Management: You will be an inspirational role model, creating a culture of sales and social selling excellence that delivers client and sponsor value.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Leadership Experience: A career history of building, leading, and inspiring teams with a growth mindset, consistently over-achieving sales quotas.
- Proven Technical Acumen: Demonstrable technical acumen, with the ability to align clients’ business needs with technology solutions and convey the business value in a way that is both easy to comprehend and compelling for investment.
- Strong People and Communication Skills: Possess palpable people, communication, and collaboration skills, with a proven record of networking, co-creating solutions, and influencing throughout the successful closure and post-closure of complex technology sales cycles (including deals of $100k+).
- Agile Techniques and Modern Sales Methods: Experience in utilizing agile techniques alongside contemporary technology sales methodologies (e.g., consultative or challenger selling) to deliver results swiftly and nimbly, ultimately guiding customers toward our products rather than leading with them.
- Experience with tools like Outreach, SalesLoft, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise