Red Hat Account Executive
A Sales Representative (Digital) role (what we internally call a ‘Digital Sales Specialist’) in IBM Cloud means a career where you’re leading prospective clients towards IBM Cloud Paks and Red Hat OpenShift products. It means you’ll be directly impacting their adoption of next-generation cloud platforms to develop, run and manage workloads of some of the worlds most transformational enterprises and culturally influential brands.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM’s products and services
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding your prospective clients’ buying cycles to accurately predict the potential and timings of deal closures – clearly communicating your forecasts with stakeholders at all levels.
- Supporting your squad of Business Development, Marketing and Technical colleagues to identify and create up- /cross-sell opportunities within your assigned territory.
- Working with Marketing and Sales leadership to activate targeted new business campaigns.
- Collaborating with your squad to design use-cases and proofs of concept in response to prospective clients’ requests for information (RFIs).
- Co-creating and presenting on high-level, value propositions for clients – successfully landing product features, functionality and solutions in a way that’s highly compelling.
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating a balance of technical expertise, passion for open source, and of thorough understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable experience of consultatively selling technology solutions against complex use-cases.
- High proficiency of using digital sales tools and techniques (e.g. phone, CRM, social media, email etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills across written and verbal medians.
- Strong analytical skills with proven examples of using data to influence, make business decisions and drive commercial outcomes.
- Experience working in a solutions sales role, cold calling, and identifying potential leads.
- Motivation to understand customer business objectives and challenges and the ability to produce a narrative that addresses these business objectives.
- Solutions sales mentality in a company with multiple offerings and services.
- Knowledge of sales tools like Salesforce.com (SFDC), SalesLoft, Outreach.
- Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2-5 years experience working in a solutions sales role.
- Proven technical sales experience in enterprise infrastructure and cloud software solutions.
- Previous experience building relationship and growing existing business accounts.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge regarding the Cloud market in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients’ credible, trusted advisor. (Training on Red Hat offerings is provided)