Senior DevSecOps Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a DevSecOps Engineer at Octo, you shall have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience integrating DevSecOps tools as part of an agile team to achieve Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) of applications. We are looking for a senior level engineer capable of leading a high-profile effort from initiation through operational deployment. You will mentor mid-level developers and engineers. To be successful, you will need experience building products and services that improve software developer feedback loops, time-to production, rollback strategies, CI/CD automation at an Individual Contributor Level. The engineer will also possess effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
This is a high-viz, high energy effort to develop and implement a low-to-high DevSecOps CI/CD pipeline for our government customer. This is a multi-company effort that is running fast, taking the best of each. Octo is seen as the technical leadership for the project, with the lead architect/engineer, SCRUM master, and Operations roles. The solution is a cross-cutting application and integration architecture based mostly on GitLab and Atlassian tool suites, based in AWS and built using Infrastructure as Code. This effort will provide the government with a capability that will greatly enhance the software development efforts supporting many of our nation’s critical projects.
Years of Experience: 10 years of experience or more
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree. Degree may be offset with additional years of experience
Clearance: DoD TS//SCI CI Poly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Five-plus (8+) years of demonstrated DevOps expertise leveraging Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies such as Gitlab (and Gitlab Runners), Jenkins, Concourse, CircleCI, etc.
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience implementing Gitlab
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks such as Terraform.
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience building services using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Two-plus (2+) years of experience securing applications via CI/CD pipelines leveraging static code analysis, unit and integration testing, dependency analysis, etc..
- Six-plus (6+) years of experience leading teams of software engineers and extensive expertise in CI/CD implementation with proven track record of performance.
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience developing containerized services deployed on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Clearance: DoD TS//SCI CI Poly
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization.