Data Scientist-Machine Learning (TS/SCI + Full Scope Poly)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Seeking a talented, versatile data scientist with Top Secret US Government security clearance to join a fast-paced team working on cutting-edge technologies and use cases. The data scientist will be part of a small agile team building a big data pipeline, AI/ML-based analytics capabilities, and user interfaces for government customers.
This project includes highly innovative work focused on leveraging AI/ML to discover patterns and develop insights across multiple data types to include network IP, cellular, and 5G data, video, imagery and audio data, and others. Work is conducted in conjunction with world-renowned scientist and engineers at IBM Research. The team is fast-paced, collaborative, and cohesive, and depends on team members to communicate openly and to design solutions and deliver quality models on a regular, aggressive clip. Innovative application of advanced data science techniques is highly valued as the team regularly confronts novel challenges and use cases.
The data scientist will design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy models using a combination of custom, open source, and off-the-shelf (GOTS/COTS) software packages and a variety of data types (structured, unstructured, non-text).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Citizen with TS/SCI security clearance and Full-Scope Polygraph.
- Experience with machine learning including model development, evaluation and optimization using tools and packages such as: sklearn, NumPy, PyTorch, or TensorFlow.
- Experience in Machine Learning to include: feature extraction statistical approaches, linear and non-linear classifiers and deep learning
- Experience in programming skills to include: Python and Jupyter Notebook
- Ability to apply, evaluate, and modify machine learning algorithms against various data sources and use cases
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with Agile software development teams
- Interest in national security