Automation Technology Sales Specialist- Midwest (IL/WI)
A Technology Sales Specialist role (what we internally call a, ‘Brand Sales Specialist’) within Automation means working for a leader in AI-Powered products. Envision helping clients create a world with less repetitive work and more innovative decisions. Less unplanned downtime and more proactive insight. And less waiting on systems… So that their employees can invest more time on the work they love. Join us and co-create with clients on solutions that makes people more productive and improves business performance, so that they can change the world at a scale not previously possible.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM’s products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for an Automation Technology Sales Specialist who will be responsible acquiring new clients and growing exsiting ones. This includes the coordination and successful execution of all assigned sales related activities within an assigned territory or set of accounts to achieve assigned financial sales objectives. This role has unlimited potential and is highly focused on the development of a territory while expanding IBM’s cloud software & services into associated industries, as defined. Activities include working with and leveraging other IBM client facing teams to create demand, identify opportunities, qualify opportunities, and then directly executing high quality professional engagements that result in winning opportunities. Successful candidates will exceed assigned sales targets while providing high value customer solutions. Sellers will represent part of the Automation Technology software portfolio and will become a part of the growth area within IBM.
As a Brand Sales Specialist you’ll work closely with clients to develop relationships, understand their needs, earn their trust and show them how IBM’s industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst delivering value to their business.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Client Management and Value Definition: Effectively manage client relationships, define IBM’s value proposition, and engage key decision-makers.
- Sales Process Management and Collaboration: Oversee the entire sales process, with a focus on expanding new business opportunities, and collaborate closely with various IBM teams.
- Grow Industry Leading FinOps Solutions: Present, Evangelize, and Demo leading solutions in IT Observability to help clients see the value of implementing these solutions in their organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Multiple years of direct, face to face customer selling experience
- Multiple years of selling cloud software or SaaS solutions
- Functional competence across the Application Monitoring landscape
- Strong understanding of the following verticals: IT Operations, Application Monitoring
- Ideal candidates should have a passion for cloud technologies, solving customer problems, winning every time
- You are a hunter who takes ownership of an assigned territory focused on net new logo acquisition and upsell opportunities.
- You demonstrate expertise in building business cases which clearly articulates value and differentiation at all levels of your customer organizations.
- You constantly generate pipeline using creative techniques, tools, team collaboration, industry events and top tier channel partners.
- You demonstrate a true “value based” sales approach and have experience explaining complex ROI models to C level customers.
- Ability to collaborate with teams within IBM and partners externally
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Hybrid cloud solutions.
- Prior experience with AppDynamics, Dynatrace, MoogSoft, Splunk, Datadog, ServiceNow, MuleSoft, Tibco, Software AG, etc.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years experience in leading complex deals and value based selling.
- Multiple years selling cloud software or SaaS solutions
- Multiple years selling IT Automation or IT Operations software