As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Quality/Test Engineer, you will be joining the team that is deploying and delivering a cloud-based, multi-domain Common Data Fabric (CDF), which provides data sharing services to the entire DoD Intelligence Community (IC). The CDF connects all IC data providers and consumers. It uses fully automated policy-based access controls to create a machine-to-machine data brokerage service, which is enabling the transition away from legacy point-to-point solutions across the IC enterprise.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The CDF program is an evolution for the way DoD programs, services, and combat support agencies access data by providing data consumers (e.g., systems, app developers, etc.) with a “one-stop shop” for obtaining ISR data. The CDF significantly increases the DI2E’s ability to meet the ISR needs of joint and combined task force commanders by providing enterprise data at scale. The CDF serves as the scalable, modular, open architecture that enables interoperability for the collection, processing, exploitation, dissemination, and archiving of all forms and formats of intelligence data. Through the CDF, programs can easily share data and access new sources using their existing architecture. The CDF is a network and end-user agnostic capability that enables enterprise intelligence data sharing from sensor tasking to product dissemination.
Primarily responsible for defining and executing a process to document and prioritize data mapping and transformation requirements for the DoD/IC enterprise. Develop detailed data mapping and transformation requirements packages to be used by CDF Common Transformation Service (CTS) engineers to implement within the CTS system. In this role, you will:
- Responsible for the overall testing of systems including functional testing of new requirements, regression, and operational testing.
- Engage in comprehensive back-end testing of systems, employing scripts & code-based testing methods to ensure robust performance and reliability.
- Take initiative in writing unit tests and actively contribute to enhancing the existing testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Drive the development and automation of test plans and cases, with an emphasis on back-end functionalities and integration points.
- Perform system, regression, user acceptance, integration, and performance testing to ensure delivery of high-quality systems.
- Lead the creation, development, and execution of test strategies and plans, showcasing strong strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Collaborate closely with developers and engineers, fostering a cohesive environment and ensuring alignment with overall project objectives.
- Manage and integrate testing practices within a DevSecOps platform, ensuring security, and operational resilience.
- Generate test reports and file bug reports for any identified deficiencies.
Years of Experience: Mid Level (5-8 years)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field (preferred)
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ ability to obtain CI Poly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with testing including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (e.g. Security+) or the ability to obtain it within 90 days of employment.
- Understanding of foundational ETL concepts
- Experience with testing data flow, management, and storage solutions (i.e. Kafka, NiFi, and AWS S3)
- Experience with writing automate test cases for the languages such as Python and Java.
- API testing tools (Rest Assured)
- Performance testing tools (JMeter)
- Version control systems (Git)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ ability to obtain CI Poly
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience or expertise using, managing, and/or testing API Gateway tools and Rest APIs (desired)
- Experience with test automation frameworks and tools (e.g., JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer with a focus on Java and Python applications.
- 2+ Experience in Software Testing
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills