PowerBI Cloud Services Technical Administrator & Developer
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Power BI Cloud Services Administrator/Developer at Octo, you will support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Power BI architecture in both on-prem and Azure cloud data warehouse environment. This role will be responsible for automating processes and helping to migrate an on-prem monitoring engine to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have experience/skills using PowerShell development working with Power BI REST APIs, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, and Azure (database tools/platforms). Experience with Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Fabric, and Databricks is a preferred, while willing to learn is required. Prefer previous experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
This program for the Department of Veterans Affairs will provide sustainment and support of core functions to maintain operations of CDW (Corporate Data Warehouse) platforms and Data and Analytics services.
- Perform Power BI Gateway Servers Administration.
- Develop and maintain Powershell scripts in support of a monitoring engine application.
- Maintain APIs
- Support Power BI Gateway Servers Administration.
- Support Power BI premium capacities administration.
- Perform Power BI provisioning.
- Provide Customer Support.
- Support multiple monthly customer trainings in modeling and visualization techniques and individual module trainings.
- Provide leadership and effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy.
Years of experience: Minimum of 5+ years of experience with administration and development for on-prem and cloud architectures, prefer at least 2+ years in a solution architecture role for Azure cloud using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline OR 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Location: Fully Remote in the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- See below for experience and educational requirements.
- Must be proficient in PowerShell development using Power BI REST APIs to maintain and enhance an existing internal monitoring application which includes acquiring data from Power BI REST APIs, writing and modeling data in Azure Data Lake Storage, Power BI dataset and reporting.
- Must have experience maintaining software installations and on-prem gateway service availability.
- Experience with Premium Capacities utilization monitoring and planning (licenses, distribute cores) a plus.
- Experience implementing requests for Power BI resources using an existing resource request application. This includes assigning Pro licenses and workspaces to Premium Capacities and creating/managing customer data source gateway connections.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities a plus.
- Must have experience in customer support to include using an existing support request management application, delivering hands-on support via email and teams meetings, and monitoring and responding to Team channels chats and requests.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written skills.
- Excellent collaboration and partnership with business stakeholders, analysts, and modelers in promoting big data platform capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work collaboratively in dynamic team environment.
- Proven track record in demanding, customer service-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels within an organization.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Staying abreast of new and developing technologies is a requirement of this position.
- Strongly prefer experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise