Senior Dynamics 365 Developer
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Dynamics 365 Developer at Octo, you will be a part of the Center of Excellence for the Power Platform & D365 for the Department of Veterans Affairs. This role will report to Octo’s Microsoft Practice Leader and provides technical guidance and execution on technology decisions with the various delivery teams. This includes directing, evaluating, and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various stakeholders and system integrators around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product deployment.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Contribute across all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Provide hands on technical expertise to design and implement D365/Power Platform based solutions satisfying customer requirements.
- Adept at crafting Power Apps and Power Platform solutions with the ability to impart your knowledge to both pro-developers and citizen developers.
- Lead a team of developers to implement and support D365 requirements.
- Enforces security controls, maintain the system roles and authorization processes.
- Partner with security and risk teams in implementing process changes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits, and certifications.
- Partner with cross-function technology and design teams to ensure consistent, positive client interaction and solution delivery.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into the direction for all products.
- Be responsible for architecting and designing Power Platform tenants/environments, liaising with IT, Security, and other technical groups to ensure all integration needs are met and fully implemented.
- Ensure all related applications and tools are understood and properly reflected in solution designs.
- Understand both Power Platform and competitive low code/no code market, with the ability to articulate and explain Power Platform’s advantages and differentiators.
- Work with architects and developers to ensure access and security profiles meet the needs of the solution and all policies/restrictions in place.
- Support documentation of application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Lead technical design sessions with the pro and citizen development stakeholders.
- Guide technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Collaborate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design or Microsoft recommended best practices for Power Platform.
Years of Experience: 4+ years of Microsoft Power Platform or Dynamics 365 CRM development experience OR a comparable alternative that can be agreed upon.
Education: BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for moving organizations forward with the Power Platform and excitement for the impact Power Platform can make on customer experiences.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Dynamics 365, Power Apps and Power Platform technical solutions.
- Work experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Platform as a Service (PaaS) environments.
- Prior development team leadership or management experience.
- BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Core Skills: C#, SQL, .NET, Power Apps, Dynamics CRM, Microsoft DataVerse (CDS), Power Automate.
- Experience with and a good understanding of the Power Platform CoE and governance components.
- Familiarity with Agile project management and sprint planning.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in designing complex common data models.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Experience in using OOTB connectors for Power Apps and Power Automate
- Will be proactive in staying up to date on the latest updates to the Power Platform, as well as future roadmap features announced in Microsoft’s wave plans.
- Experience in design and development of Canvas and Model-driven Power Apps by utilizing Microsoft Dataverse, SharePoint, or other databases as the backend data storage model.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government clearance.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting
- Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise