As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Software Configuration Manager in Chantilly, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The project provides support for the continued development and sustainment of the identity management system which services as the authentication and authorization engine for users and systems at the government agency and across government partners. Octo provides User Interface and User Experience Development, front-end web development (ReactJS), system engineering, and Infrastructure as Code support to the redesign and modernization of the identity management portal and back-end systems.
- Working with leadership on the build automation roadmap
- Responsible for developing & improving the CI/CD pipeline
- Applying updates for the different services
- Troubleshooting issues with the build process
- Documenting processes
- Coordinate with applicable stakeholders for baseline changes
- Create Configuration Management Processes and Plans as required by the program
- Conduct a Configuration Control Board and develop associated materials to include briefings using a standard template, agenda and minutes
- Oversee the publishing of the baseline Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) (e.g. source code, service offerings and documentation)
- Provide configuration management of supporting software documentation to include documents required in the A&A RMF process, Knowledge-Based Articles (KBA), product support documentation (COTS, GOTS, and open source) installation scripts, test plan and procedures; and documents required to operate and maintain the delivered capability
- Establish a software configuration management process for software releases and patches
Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree 8+ years of experience or Masters with 6+ years of experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree, (or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience).
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience configuring a build automation tool: Jenkins, Gitlab CI, CircleCI, etc…
- Experience with using Git and branching
- Experience with Maven, NPM, or similar
- Demonstrated experience with software development teams utilizing configuration management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the configuration of multiple brands and types of software, as well as license installation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (e.g. Security+) or ability to obtain certification within first 90 days.
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience using container images as part of a build pipeline
- Maintaining build images
- Implementing multi-staged pipelines
- Other tools: Nexus/SonarQube/Fortify/etc…