Data Requirements Manager
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Are you experienced with data analysis, data transformation, and data management? Are you interested in researching data definitions and creating processes and data mappings to facilitate data sharing across the DoD and IC ISR community? The CDF connects all IC data providers and consumers. It uses fully automated policy-based access controls to create a machine-to-machine data brokerage service, which is enabling the transition away from legacy point-to-point solutions across the IC enterprise.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The CDF program is an evolution for the way DoD programs, services, and combat support agencies access data by providing data consumers (e.g., systems, app developers, etc.) with a “one-stop shop” for obtaining ISR data. The CDF significantly increases the DI2E’s ability to meet the ISR needs of joint and combined task force commanders by providing enterprise data at scale. The CDF serves as the scalable, modular, open architecture that enables interoperability for the collection, processing, exploitation, dissemination, and archiving of all forms and formats of intelligence data. Through the CDF, programs can easily share data and access new sources using their existing architecture. The CDF is a network and end-user agnostic capability that enables enterprise intelligence data sharing from sensor tasking to product dissemination.
Primarily responsible for defining and executing a process to document and prioritize data mapping and transformation requirements for the DoD/IC enterprise. Develop detailed data mapping and transformation requirements packages to be used by CDF Master Data Management (MDM) engineers to implement within the MDM system. In this role, you will:
- Define and implement a process to backlog and execute data mapping, tagging and transformation needs
- Create and document data mapping and transformation crosswalk requirements packages, detailing source and destination fields, structure, data types and transforms
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to test and validate data mappings and transformations
- Support the development and implementation of a large-scale ingest / Data Transformation system to support interoperability with legacy systems
- Convert native data into community defined formats for consumption via legacy interfaces
- Document SOPs related to system transformation requirements package creation and execution
Years of Experience: 12 years of experience or more.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, or a related technical field (preferred)
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ ability to obtain CI Poly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to perform data structure mapping (crosswalks), data tagging, and data governance
- Experience in requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation
- Understanding of foundational ETL concepts & COTS/FOSS ETL tools
- Experience organizing, documenting technical information to include schemas and data structures
- Possess a DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (e.g. Security+) or the ability to obtain the certification within 90 days
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ ability to obtain CI Poly
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years experience working within the DoD/IC community
- Familiarity with data modelling, particularly involving the use of semantic data and ontologies/taxonomies/business data
- Experience working with controlled vocabularies and term assignment to improve information retrieval
- Experience in data catalog development
- Experience working with data correlation, mapping, and transformation tools/software
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and oral communication skills