Senior Salesforce Technical Program Manager
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Salesforce Technical Program Manager, you will support the Digital Transformation Center (DTC) Integrations CoE Team within the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Information and Technology (OIT). A qualified candidate will have experience with overseeing the implementation of technical business projects and solutions. They will have experience working with stakeholders, customers, users, project leads, and technical team members in mapping, analyzing, designing, documenting, implementing, and supporting IT business applications and systems.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Highly motivated, organized, and a self-starter capable of managing multiple cross-functional workstreams and high visibility programs.
- Work seamlessly with both Delivery Manager and Project Leads to ensure consistent, successful delivery of projects that delight the customer.
- Thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing environment, and demonstrate the ability to quickly learn complex distributed systems and processes.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and manage strategic alignment with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams across the customer organization to improve processes, results, and customer experience.
- Lead the Program team using Agile methodologies. Plan, monitor, and report on program and team accomplishments risks and issues.
- Advise senior management about project/program opportunities and risks.
- Keep organizational change management top of mind, and guide the project leads to incorporate change management and adoption principals into project plans.
- Support Project Leads, and step in when needed, to provide guidance, mentoring, and leadership.
- Coordinate and manage documentation, presentations and processes in compliance with organizational standards.
- Effectively communicate via multiple media such as email, PowerPoint, slack, and other means.
- Develop, review, analyze, and update project management and other methodology documents.
- Plan, lead, and facilitate meetings and reviews (formal and informal).
- Identify, document, and implement key process improvements to help the team work more efficiently.
- Foster culture of innovation and best practices platform evolution through strategic project delivery.
- Ability to see both the big picture and to understand the details. Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Foster a culture of transparency, kindness, and understanding, and model a strong work ethic.
- Ensure the organization and processes remain aligned with DTC and VA policies and external directives.
- Support new resources in their onboarding to the Salesforce COE.
Years of Experience: Must have at least 10 years of related technical program and/or project management experience and 7 years of Salesforce program and/or project management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline required. (8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for degree.)
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have at least 10+ years related experience in technical program and/or project management.
- At least 7 years of Salesforce experience and a Certified Salesforce professional.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and project management tools such as JIRA, Office 365, SharePoint, Salesforce, and like tools.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology.
- Ability to adapt well to diverse environments.
- Ability to interact professionally and productively with senior government officials.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to operate on a highly technical team and learn domain knowledge and leverage that industry experience in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Prefer project management professional certification (PMP).
- Experience leveraging data and metrics to help drive decision making.
- Experience in Change Management within Enterprise Organization.
- Prefer experience implementing Agile and/or Lean concepts.
- Strongly prefer previous experience supporting the Veterans Affairs or other government organizations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise