Global Category Leader, Facilities, MRO
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Global Category Leader, Facility Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) Supplies and Services
IBM is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with procurement experience to join our Procurement Services Delivery Business.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking to fill the role of Global Category Leader (GCL) for Facility Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) Supplies and Services within IBM’s Business Process Outsource (BPO) Procurement Services delivery team.
About IBM’s Business Process Outsource (BPO) Procurement Services Delivery Team
As a global leader in Business Process Outsource (BPO). IBM offers a full suite of business-to-business consulting services. The Procurement Service Delivery Team is the outsourced procurement arm of IBM’s BPO offering.
About Global Category Leaders
Global Category Leaders are strategic sourcing experts who drive category strategies, best practices, revenue growth, and exceptional results in their area of expertise. GCLs are true domain experts with deep market knowledge and sourcing expertise within their category. GCLs engage directly with global sales to develop solutions for new opportunities and with delivery teams to provide continuous category expertise throughout the lifecycle of client accounts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
15 + years of procurement experience together with deep expert knowledge of Facility Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) Supplies and Services (e.g. OEM spares, pipes valves and fittings, front-end spares, gases lubricants and chemicals, industrial supplies, water treatment, equipment maintenance and repair, chemical management, etc.).
- Demonstrate deep technical knowledge of MRO Supplies and MRO Services.
- Demonstrate experience with contracting models and business terms specific to MRO Supplies and MRO Services.
- Demonstrates deep category knowledge and understanding of market forces that affect MRO Supplies and MRO Services.
- Exhibit mastery over procurement practices including sourcing, soliciting, analyzing, negotiating, and contracting services.
- Demonstrates global experience in developing category strategies that meets the cultural, logistical, and financial needs of Clients.
- Ability to determine the category maturity level of a procurement organization with limited information.
- Expert-level skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Skillful face-to-face experience with stakeholders to communicate, convey, and influence clients and key stakeholders in category practices, strategies, and approaches.
- Has demonstrated a level of market eminence commensurate with their level of experience.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with sales, account leadership, Clients, and other business Stakeholders to meet the needs and demands of IBM and its Clients.
- Able to develop and deliver formal training and provide mentoring to staff.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in inventory management, storeroom operations management, engineering, or technical experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience in consulting or another outsourced business process.
- Experience training, upskilling, and mentoring of staff.
- Degree, Engineering, Architecture, or other Technical Speciality