As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As the SharePoint Administrator, you will be joining a growing team that is working on exciting and highly visible projects for our Department of the Treasury customers. You will be responsible for providing senior knowledge and senior hands-on SharePoint migration experience in installing, maintaining, migrating, and modernizing SharePoint applications with the team.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The project you will be working on is to establish cloud-based architectures, based upon business requirements, for cloud migration while maintaining architectural best practices. This role requires a candidate to have strong knowledge and hands-on experience with SharePoint and a successful candidate will be able to migrate an on-prem environment to a cloud environment while providing monitoring day-to-day. This project features a strategic team whose members are co-located with the customer, primarily in the Washington, DC area, and support a culture of continuous improvement.
Years of Experience: 8+ relevant years of experience
Education: Bachelors in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
Location: Washington, DC and/or Tysons Corner, VA
Clearance: Top Secret
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience migrating SharePoint on-prem to SharePoint hosted in the cloud in a cleared environment
- Experience migrating from SharePoint 2013/2016 to SharePoint 2019 or Subscription Edition (SE)
- Experience administering SharePoint sites
- Experience configuring SharePoint infrastructure security including authentication, security roles, user groups, audiences, item level security based on Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, architectures, best practices, and tools
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working alongside software developers and system administrators in the use of pipeline tools and the implementation of quality standards
- Expertise in Agile development approaches
- Experience with administrating and upgrading SQL Server, PowerShell
- Clearance: Top Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Power Platform and Dynamics 365
- Experience with Metalogix
- Experience with NIST compliance frameworks and AWS GovCloud / Microsoft Azure GCC-High environments