Technical Account Manager
We are looking for someone to join a team of people who are bright, proactive, and passionate about making their customers wildly successful. This person loves working with customers, guiding them, answering questions, and building great relationships with rapport and credibility. The Cloud Technical Account Manager (TAM) has a strong technical aptitude, loves to problem solve, and enjoys being challenged by complex technical questions, all against a backdrop of an ever-changing product feature landscape. The Cloud TAM will be the primary point of contact for product adoption with a focus on accelerating the customer’s time to value and will deliver technical guidance and best practices on the Apptio products through mentoring on solution design, performance and scalability.
Our Cloud Technical Account Managers help customers transform their IT organizations by helping them understand how to design and deploy an effective Cloud Cost Management strategy leveraging Apptio’s suite of Cloud Products and services and ensure that customers are able to maximize their investment.
Our team of Cloud TAMs act as trusted advisors to Apptio’s Cloud customers by enabling them to use Apptio’s Cloud products to achieve their business objectives. We have a diverse team with varied backgrounds, but some common attributes that lead to success are a fearless disposition towards adopting and learning new technologies and tools, an easy facility with navigating and troubleshooting large multi-dimensional data, paired with the interpersonal skills and business acumen to help uncover and understand business goals and technical requirements. These goals and requirements are then turned into actionable plans to drive quick value for our customers. Good project management and stakeholder management skills help members of our team thrive and succeed in this fast-paced environment. We partner with customers to develop and execute success plans: organizational, programmatic and technical strategies to meet their business objectives and stakeholder goals.
Each Cloud TAM manages a portfolio of customers with a focus on optimizing their current capabilities and expanding their use cases by providing them with deep technical mentoring in support of their Cloud initiatives on their roadmap. Success of the team and each individual is measured by the renewal of the Apptio solution. The Cloud TAM will form close partnerships with our Account Managers, Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to contribute to the ongoing success of our customers, as well as identify upsell opportunities.
• Act with Transparency
• Promote Accountability & Collaboration
• Produce Outstanding Results
• Tackle Challenges & Navigate Ambiguity
• Inspire Customers
• Appreciate & Respect our Differences
• Never Stop Growing & Learning
Apptio, an IBM company, is the leading technology spend and value management software provider. Its AI-powered data insights empower leaders to make smarter financial and operational decisions. A pioneer and category leader in Technology Business Management (TBM) and FinOps, Apptio works with thousands of customers, partners, and community members worldwide. Visit www.apptio.com.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be the primary product expert and be able to answer customer questions and manage objections related to Apptio Cloud product capabilities
- Understand, in detail, the configuration of each customer’s Apptio Cloud implementation to proactively identify opportunities for configuration improvement and expanded feature usage
- Deploy your technical skills in service of accelerated customer value attainment, including hands-on work leveraging Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to perform mass-updates of key configuration components
- Create value for customers by partnering to define success and building a joint plan with identified objectives, stakeholders, milestones, risks, and metrics needed to achieve their goals
- Drive the successful adoption of Apptio’s suite of Cloud products to help customers realize the business value of our partnership and offerings
- Work closely with the customer to ensure they become power-users of our solution, and perform remote training to the consumers as needed
- Coordinate with Support, Product Management, R&D, and Customer Success to ensure the appropriate level of response to customer needs
- Assist with driving Apptio best practices and sharing knowledge throughout the organization
- Act as customer advocate providing feedback on Product enhancements and requirements
The list above includes the primary responsibilities of the role but is not exhaustive. Other tasks, duties, and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise-level B2B customer-facing role with responsibility for problem resolution and customer success
- High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments
- Prior experience in enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) support or implementation is a plus
- ITIL or equivalent & project management skills and experience a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Comfortable learning new products and processes
- Client-focused attitude
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated through an ability to build relationships and communicate complicated technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively over the telephone, via web-based presentations and/or in person
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, data analysis, & problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship-building skills with customers and across company departments
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task across multiple streams of work
- Proactive, resilient and resourceful when solving complex problems
- An understanding of customers’ business initiatives and FinOps best practices
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure environment
- Strong to expert hands-on data analysis skills using exploratory or scripting tools like MS Excel, SQL, Databricks, Python, R, or equivalent
- Skilled at quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues
- Experience with utilizing REST APIs to interact with SaaS applications is a plus
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts
- Understanding of Cloud IT infrastructure concepts
- Certifications from AWS, Azure, GCP, or OCI are a plus