At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
AML Team Leads are responsible for driving team operational performance on Promontory engagements, focused on assisting clients in managing various aspects of their AML compliance programs in meeting and exceeding regulatory expectations in AML, BSA, OFAC sanctions and other areas relevant to today’s heightened regulatory climate. This position provides leadership and coaching to Analysts and plays a critical role in ensuring production objectives and performance standards are achieved as set by management and contractual obligation.
This position will play a key role in the overall strategic direction of the company, and work on high priority initiatives in a rapidly growing business by collaborating with Compliance, Executive Management, Finance, HR/Resource Management, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Solutions teams.
• Supervise and drive teams of analysts to meet or exceed quality and production goals
• Ensure timely completion of projects and goals in accordance with engagement and client requirements
• Focuses on continuous improvement of the team, identifies the need for training, coaching process improvement and provides recommendations to management
• Audits and monitors Analysts’ work to ensure the quality and efficiency. Conduct quality control of the AML team as needed
• Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to Analysts to drive performance
• Complete AML Alert reviews, Investigations, or SAR preparation as needed within the scope of the project
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance personnel to ensure accurate reporting and clear communication regarding analyst or subject matter issues
• Organize and review production and quality data via Excel or other Microsoft Office products in order to monitor project progress; manage problems; publish progress reports; and/or recommend actions. Present accurate and professional reporting to management and clients as required including graphs, reports, and presentations.
• Contribute to developing individual and project goals and execute on tactical strategies for goal attainment
• Coordinate with other PRR team members in the development of training, resource, and policy and procedure documents
• Assist management and HR with employee career development through identification of qualified internal candidates
• Coordinate with management and HR when necessary to manage team member performance and/or personnel issues
• This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
ACAMS Certification is preferred
A minimum of 1+ years of supervisory experience in a production environment, including the supervision of a minimum of 10 persons. Ability to supervise a large team effectively and efficiently and drive for results.
• A minimum 3+ years in a compliance or related role
• Strong understanding of AML subject matter, basics of Alert and Investigation review, and basics of SAR preparation including the ability to understand and apply relevant regulations implemented by BSA/AML
• Ability to be flexible, quickly learn new skills, and meet uncompromising quality requirements and production expectations while working closely with others in a team environment
• Demonstrated competency with computers, including proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, and should have prior experience with a variety of AML database and testing systems
• Ability to work independently; take initiative; and adapt to change
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Strong processing and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes, and handle appropriately
• Superior writing skills with the ability to convey ideas clearly, succinctly and efficiently
• High competency in English written and oral communication; strong interpersonal skills
• Exemplary customer service towards both internal and external parties
• Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, high intensity, high demand and deadline driven environment
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities
• Must possess critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to be used in operational planning and evaluation
• Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner
• Demonstrated computer software competency, including Microsoft Word, and Outlook, is required
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to perform data manipulation and pivot tables, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Graduate degree preferred
ACAMS Certification a strong plus