Senior Salesforce Test Engineer
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Salesforce Test Engineer at Octo, you will be focused on supporting a Salesforce platform at the Department of Veterans Affairs in a high-demand customer success environment. This role requites skills capable of successfully supporting a dynamic agile development team. The Senior Salesforce Test Engineer will apply expert systems analysis and design techniques to complex enterprise systems. They will have a broad knowledge of data sources/flow, interactions of complex systems, and capabilities/limitations of systems software and computer equipment. In this role, you will be able to establish frameworks for new computer systems from feasibility studies to post-implementation evaluation, recognize probable conflicts, and integrate diverse data sources. They will provide innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems and prepare overall project recommendations.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Work closely with the Product Owners, developers, and stakeholders to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test strategies.
- Develop and maintain Functional and Regression testing suites for various applications in a large-scale Salesforce environment.
- Evaluate existing test artifacts and design test cases/scripts for new releases with minimal supervision.
- Execute manual testing on frontend (UI) and backend (API) systems.
- Assist and collaborate in non-functional testing (like performance, Security, Compliance) for Salesforce UI and API during release cycles.
- Coordinate integration, regression and UAT testing with internal and external teams to create successful test events.
- Supporting & guiding a team of junior and mid-level test engineers.
- Assists and supports creation & execution of automated test scripts.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant testing experience to include 3+ years of experience with Salesforce.
Education: BA/BS degree or a minimum of 4 years equivalent work experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 4 years equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of testing experience required.
- 5+ years of experience testing Salesforce applications.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology changes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Experience using and sharing knowledge of Agile team collaboration and requirements management tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience with Test Automation tools (Provar, Eggplant, Selenium preferred).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain public trust clearance.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Salesforce Certified App Builder
- Experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and/or other federal organizations.
- Experience with MuleSoft, Pega, Power Platform or ServiceNow preferred.