Network & System Administrator (TS/SCI with poly required)
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Chief Information Officer (CIO) organization is looking for a Network & System Administrator who possesses a TOP SECRET / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance with the US Department of Defense or US Intelligence Community to join us within the Cybersecurity Assurance domain. In this role, you will report to Senior Manager for CIO SCIF Management and serve on the technical staff for managing the cybersecurity and compliance of classified systems and networks supporting clients in the DC, Maryland, and North Virginia (DMV) area.
The CIO BISO & Cybersecurity Assurance organization delivers robust and modern services that provide data-driven and risk-informed security with empathy. We partner with our internal customers, understand how to balance business demand and security requirements, and find ways to assist the CIO to fulfill its mission and protect IBM systems, data, and clients.
Who You Are
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines
- You are great at solving problems, as well as being proactive to avoid problems before the occur
- You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently
- You are eager to make an impact and support projects that affect IBM across our global enterprise
- You are organized, dedicated, and detail oriented. This will be greatly beneficial in performing day-to-day activities
- You have a sense of ownership/diligence when given projects to ensure that deadlines are met
- You work with extended teams to determine infrastructure requirements and make architectural recommendations
- You have an understanding of when to communicate foreseeable issues to IT leadership
- You make recommendations for future system upgrades and implement them
- You initiate new responsibilities and help to plan for the future of the site/network
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Security Clearance Requirements
- Possess a current Top Secret/SCI clearance/access with polygraph and eligibility for additional accesses as may be required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in system & network administration with foundational technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+, and/or platform-specific certifications for Windows, Linux, or similar
- Install and configure software, hardware, and networks including OS updates, patches, and configuration changes as well as set up, configure and maintain enterprise Backup/recovery/DNS/DC and middleware systems
- Ability to work closely with Information System Security Officer (ISSO) on system hardening, patching and STIG implementation to correct/mitigate vulnerabilities and resolve POA&M issues as required to maintain (Authority to Operate) ATO compliance.
- Ensure that the design of an organization’s computer system allows all the components, including computers, the network, and software, to work properly together
- Troubleshoot IT related issues reported by users, as well as create, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, and perform workstation setup/configuration image and changes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Comfortable with gathering data to identify customer needs and then use the information to identify, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Experience in configuring/managing firewalls, router & switches, COMSEC equipment, and recommending purchases of IT equipment for new responsibilities from management
- Ability to perform database administration duties in Mongo/SQL/equivalent
- Monitor and adjust the performance of existing networks and continually survey the current computer site to determine future network needs and troubleshooting any network / server reported problems including virus attacks / remediation / containment / reporting
- Design and implement changes or updates for client networks, network segments, and internet and intranet systems