IBM Z Mainframe Architect - Southeast
As an IBM Z Client Architect within IBM you’ll lead the definition and architecture of end-to-end solutions that include the IBM Z platform.
Considered the go-to expert, you’ll understand your client’s broad technical strategy and challenges and will be able to eloquently articulate the benefit of IBM Z solutions that results in value optimization for them. You’ll advocate for clients and guide technical teams to ensure planning, builds and deployments run smoothly and delight customers.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM’s products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Applying excellent communication and empathy, you’ll act as a trusted strategic advisor to some of the world’s most transformational enterprises and culturally influential brands, as they rely on your expertise and our technology to solve some of their hardest problems.
With your focus on the front-end of the solution lifecycle, you’ll be a master at listening to stakeholders, grasping their business challenges and requirements, and forming more detailed definitions of new architectural structures that will make up their best-fit, value adding solutions.
We’re committed to success. In this role, your achievements will drive your career, team, and clients to thrive. A typical day may involve:
- Understanding client needs and aligning them with IBM Z solutions.
- Creating effective end-to-end architecture using IBM Z.
- Ensuring architectural viability and conducting assessments.
- Identifying and resolving project risks and conflicts.
Residency in the USA Southeast region is a strong desired requirement
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in defining solution structures and architectures.
- Confidence to engage new customers and deliver elevated experience.
- Embrace curiosity and a growth mindset.
- Successfully implementing consultative techniques leading to solutions to customers’ problems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of IBM Z and how it fits in the Digital Transformation (training in IBM’s Z product will be provided).
- Previous architect working experience.
- Residency in the USA Southeast region is a strong desired requirement