At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Resiliency Engineer with Octo, you will support our efforts in optimizing system performance and implementing, ensuring the reliability of our technology ecosystem for a Department of Veterans Affairs program.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Configure, implement, and manage /optimize end-to-end APM solutions, with a focus on Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, or other relevant tools.
- Work closely with IT teams to seamlessly integrate APM solutions into the existing infrastructure and applications.
- Develop and maintain customized dashboards, reports, and alerts to offer real-time insights into the health and performance of the system.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to understand business requirements and configure APM solutions to meet performance monitoring needs.
- Conduct system analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization across various applications and infrastructure components.
- Provide support to internal stake holders and support teams regarding tweaking configurations, troubleshooting, and tool-specific nuances.
- Continuous performance management, measuring performance and working with stake holders to improve the same.
- Build quality frameworks to provide feedback loop to stakeholders to easy and improved APM product management, patching systems and implementing security controls.
- Document automation procedures to improve the velocity and quality of the effort.
- Continuous performance management, Software release management, configuration management and transition to stakeholders.
- Request feedback from teams, perform tool implementation assessments, offering recommendations for improvements to enhance system reliability and responsiveness.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging technologies in APM, ensuring our monitoring strategies align with the latest advancements.
Years of Experience: 8+ years if IT experience, proven experience as an APM Engineer or in a similar role with expertise in Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, and other APM technologies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical degree.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent technical degree
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Proficiency in configuring and customizing multiple APM tools like Dynatrace, Splunk, AppDynamics for optimal performance monitoring.
- Relevant certifications in APM technologies or related areas are required such as Dynatrace Associate/Professional, AppDynamics Administrator/Professional, Splunk
- Proven experience as an APM Engineer or in a similar role with expertise in Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, and other APM technologies.
- Hands on experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automation and customization across various APM tools.
- Understanding of application architecture, infrastructure, and cloud environments.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate or AWS Certified Developer Associate, Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate or CompTIA Cloud+
- ITIL Foundation Certification is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of APM features such as real user monitoring, synthetic monitoring, and effective root cause analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex systems and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise