MuleSoft Release Engineer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a MuleSoft Release Engineer at Octo, you will be focused on supporting the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform at the Department of Veterans Affairs in a high-demand customer success environment. Responsibilities may include deploying code changes in different environments for testing and production environments utilizing various DevOps technologies such as but not limited to GitHub and Jenkins, end user support, troubleshooting, and managing security settings in Salesforce and MuleSoft and other related cloud technologies. This position will offer direct exposure to our core business with a focus on ensuring customer success with scalable solutions, processes, and applications.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Analyzing organization capabilities in order to suggest process and performance improvement
- Support the daily cross-functional operational readiness of VA’s shared MuleSoft platforms and Salesforce.com.
- Managing the lifecycle of change requests and deploying any changes to various environments.
- Define and implement standardized deployment schedules that deliver hotfixes, minor, medium, and major releases (using common technologies such as GitHub, Jenkins, Azure, MuleSoft, and Salesforce methods).
- Maintain the integrity of services integrated with our cloud environments, including proprietary in-house systems and external integrations.
- Act as a MuleSoft subject matter expert and participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements when needed.
- Evaluate new MuleSoft and Salesforce releases and applications, participate in plans for their implementation, and remain current with MuleSoft administration best practices.
- Provide MuleSoft development best practice insight for secure application development and release management.
- Perform regression testing and validation of MuleSoft and Salesforce configuration and development.
- Packaging the implementation of a release in DevOps technology stack, merging with upstream work, resolving conflicts, coordinating tasks with the development team, maintaining a pre/post deployment checklist and deploying to target environments.
- Troubleshoot and complete complex data loads.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience to include MuleSoft and DevOps experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 4 years of related experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certified MuleSoft Developer
- 2+ years of MuleSoft release experience
- 1+ years of experience with Salesforce configuration
- 1+ years of DevOps experience.
- Service desk or other experience working in a customer service capacity.
- Experience working in the government sector or multiple Salesforce org environment a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot complex data loads (e. g. limits, performance, flows)
- 5+ years as a release lead with hands-on deployment experience in complex environments running parallel projects.
- Some familiarity with Agile project management and sprint planning.
- Experience with data migration into SFDC or similar technologies for objects including but not limited to accounts, contacts, cases, leads, and opportunities and custom objects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise