Integration Solution Architect
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As an Integration Solution Architect at Octo, you will support an enterprise level program for the Department of Veterans Affairs. This position requires expertise in integration patterns and the ability to thrive in a dynamic technical environment,
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions, identifying integration points, and optimizing processes.
- Design and implement robust integration solutions, leveraging advanced knowledge of integration patterns, to ensure seamless communication and data flow across diverse systems.
- Develop scalable and efficient integration architectures, aligning with project goals and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with development teams, system architects, and business analysts, offering expert guidance and support.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of systems, with specific exposure to healthcare systems, ensuring compliance with PII and PHI data regulations.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation for integration solutions, including architecture diagrams and interface specifications.
- Implement testing strategies, collaborating with quality assurance teams to ensure reliability and performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration issues, providing ongoing support for integrated systems.
- Ensure security and compliance of integration solutions with industry standards, especially in handling sensitive PII and PHI data.
Years of Experience: 7+ years of relevant integration experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. (A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.)
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of relevant integration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. (A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.)
- Must have one of the following certifications – AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect, Salesforce Admin/ Salesforce Solution Architect
- Expertise in providing integration solutions across diverse industry verticals (Advantage: Healthcare Systems).
- Proven experience as an Integration Solution Architect with advanced knowledge of integration patterns.
- Proficient in process modeling, systems design, and data architecture.
- In-depth understanding of integration technologies, protocols, and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Familiarity with Cloud based solutions, leveraging cloud technologies for scalable and flexible data architectures.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise