Junior MuleSoft Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Junior MuleSoft Developer at Octo, you will join our extremely talented Platform Solution Engineering team, that is instrumental to MuleSoft’s growth to the next level. As a Junior MuleSoft Junior Developer, you will work with our MuleSoft team and learn and grow supporting a federal client program.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Work across multiple system integrators teams and product engineering teams.
- Understand and help establish customer requirements.
- Support the design and architecture of a variety of projects proofs of concept, and custom demos that align with the customer’s technical and business requirements.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction across assigned set of accounts in order to secure the technical win.
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help support customer needs.
Years of Experience: 2+ years of experience in design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of MuleSoft APIs and MuleSoft AnyPoint as ESB and MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 or ability to obtain within the first 30 days.
Education: Bachelor s degree in business / technical field or equivalent years of relevant experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor s degree in business / technical field or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of MuleSoft APIs and MuleSoft AnyPoint as ESB.
- MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Understanding of Integration Architecture concepts and patterns – Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Batch Integration, RESTful JSON services, etc.
- Knowledge of one or more on-premise/SaaS packaged COTS (Commercial Off-the-Shelf) solutions for ERP, CRM, e-Commerce, or mobile (e. g. Salesforce. com, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Workday, etc.)
- Knowledge of on-premise/cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, and deployments/configurations and definition/evangelism of best practices/standards
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise