Senior Salesforce Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Salesforce Developer at Octo, you will be responsible for supporting multiple delivery projects for the Department of Veterans Affairs. In this role, you solve technical problems on a daily basis while handling escalated requests and mentoring Salesforce declarative and programmatic developers on solving technical issues.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
The Team you will be Joining…
- Small, collaborative Team
- Long-Term focused
- Practice Pair Programming
- Practice developing in Production-Like environments
- Daily dedicated time for continued growth and learning
- Regularly experimenting in how we deliver and understand Value for our Customers
- Implementation of enterprise apex patterns frameworks at scale.
- Analyzing organizational capabilities in order to suggest process and performance improvement.
- Troubleshooting of performance issues using tools like debug logs and dev console.
- Troubleshooting system configuration and data management issues.
- Partner cross-functionally on platform innovation and DevOps maturity.
- Apex and/or Jest LWC Unit testing best practice recommendations.
- Collaborating with internal and client staff in identifying, planning, executing, tracking, and reporting all activities for security and compliance-related activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex data loads (e.g., governor limits, performance, process builders, apex timeouts).
Years of Experience:
Must have at least 8-10+ years of experience in software development. Prefer at least 5+ years as Salesforce developer (APEX, Aura, LWC) is required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must have at least 8-10+ years of experience in software development. Prefer at least 5+ years as Salesforce developer (APEX, Aura, LWC) is required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce permissions, roles, reports, dashboards, and logical formulas.
- Experience in developing custom APEX and Visualforce components.
- Experience in migrating data and customization across Salesforce environments.
- Two of the following is required – Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 2 certification.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently.
- Experience with other Object Oriented Languages (JAVA, .NET, Ruby, etc..)
- Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant.
- Salesforce Administrator Credential.
- Salesforce Certified Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant.
- Salesforce DX experience is preferred
- Experience supporting Federal clients.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs.