Senior Pega Systems Architect
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Senior Pega Systems Architect at Octo you will be responsible for applying expert systems analysis and design techniques to complex enterprise systems. They will have a broad knowledge of data sources/flow, interactions of complex systems, and capabilities/limitations of systems software and computer equipment. This role requires a broad knowledge on Cloud computing and the ability to establish frameworks for new systems from feasibility studies to post-implementation evaluation, recognize probable conflicts, and integrate diverse data sources.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Provide subject matter expertise in architecture and design of Pega Applications for the VA clients.
- Collaborate with SMEs across the business to ensure that the results of the delivered solution are aligned with customer requirements.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to ensure development of high quality deliverables across all phases of a project (from identifying and defining process flows and use cases to user acceptance testing) that are aligned with VA standards.
- Work with the existing Pega Team to assist in developing requirements, solution concepts and prototypes.
- Design class structures, application frameworks and data models.
- Integrating business databases, legacy systems and web services.
- Troubleshooting application issues, coding bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Develop reusable components and frameworks at the enterprise layer for Citizen Developers and SIs.
- Provide application and platform Integration support.
- Integrate/Implement System toolkits.
- Support in enterprise-level platform architecture on the VA’s Pega PaaS.
- Monitor/report health of the platform and its applications using the diagnostics and analytics tools.
- Report platform/system and application incidents.
- Perform routine system/platform maintenance.
- Testing support for platform and applications.
- Conduct code reviews
- Share/communicate Pega best practices with SI’s and citizen developers.
Years of Experience: 3+ years of progressive experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, design and prototyping of enterprise application systems with Pega architecture and development and Pega Architect certification.
Education: BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust government clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor s degree in related field or equivalent.
- Must provide and demonstrate real project experience in leading Pega projects.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, design and prototyping of enterprise application systems.
- Knowledge of coding languages including Java, JQuery and Angular JS.
- Pega Architect certification is required.
- Experience working in Healthcare of Finance areas.
- Experience working with multiple project methodologies, including agile, scrum and waterfall.
- Ability to be hands-on with technologies.
- Exposure to a variety to technologies, including object-oriented techniques/principles, database design, application & web servers, not just Pega.
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate.
- Dedication to a team-oriented environment.
- Aptitude to rapidly pick up new concepts and technologies.
- A positive attitude and self-motivated with a thirst for knowledge.
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and a geographically distributed team.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust government clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise