Real Estate Facilities Operations Professional
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Facility Program Manager in this role apply the responsibilities below:
* real-estate and facilities technical expertise to ensure the safe and reliable operations of IBM facilities
* manage multiple projects, create business-case assessments, and conduct financial analysis
* Identify problems and develop solutions related to facilities-management, operations, and space-planning issues
* Facility operations and management services, advice and planning for all aspects of owned and leased facilities, and the performance of the physical plant infrastructure required for the safe and reliable operation of office, data center, research, development, and manufacturing facilities
* Provide leadership and accountability for the success of multiple projects, where they are responsible for an array of activities, including negotiating business terms and lease documents, planning construction projects, and developing occupancy solutions
* Make financial and portfolio-management recommendations based on a complete understanding and analysis of business strategies, business priorities, and accounting and financial targets derived through the development of comprehensive financial models that cover multiple potential investment opportunities.
* analysis and interpretation of complex data, the identification of issues, the development of alternatives, and the recommendation of solutions
* Guides Functional Objectives or Technologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Demonstrated solid experience in:
* Corporate Headquarters / Research Locations – Westchester County
* High-visibility, 24 x 7 – Leading portfolio infrastructure for example – break fix repairs
* Daily interactions with senior management
* Onsite 5 days a week
* Advises other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiates to define approaches and goals. Interface with multiple organizations; daily interactions and assignments with Full Service Vendors
* Recognizes complex problems related to functional objectives
* Applies creativity and judgment to developmental work on different projects within the business environment
* Analyzes situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes.
* Provides ongoing technical/operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international)
* Understands department/ functional mission and vision
* Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function
* Sometimes no precedent exists
* Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources.
Impact on Business/Scope:
* Accountable for department results and for activities and/or projects involving multi-functional teams
* Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact project costs or expenses
* Regularly participates in overall functional program planning
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise