Security Palo Alto NGFW Engineer
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Mid Security NGFW Engineer position will be a member of a dedicated security team within IBM Consulting Federal. In this role, the Mid. Security NGFW Engineer will support a dedicated 24x7x365 operation for a Federal program. Highly skilled multi-disciplined individual with project management skills to join us as a lead support engineer. You will be working in a fast paced environment on a diverse set of technologies like Azure, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Arista to name a few. The ideal candidate would have expertise in hybrid platforms (cloud and on-prem), networking, virtualization, and security.
Specific job duties include:· Install, configure, and manage hardware and software resources necessary to maintain internal networked systems.
· Deploy and maintain network resources including switches, firewalls, etc.
· Implement VPN tunnels
· Create technical documentation and diagrams on network environments
· Design, engineer and implement large scale datacenter networks across multiple geographic locations
· Research, develop & deploy numerous technologies and network topologies to evolve and scale our networks
· Participate in capacity/scalability planning Build out solutions for large-scale monitoring, notifications, log aggregation, load distribution, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3+ years Azure IaaS, Azure Virtual Desktop, Azure Networking
• 3+ years leading infrastructure projects
•2+ years cybersecurity related work
• 5+ years of level 3 support
• 3+ years providing exceptional customer service
• Solid understanding of Azure Cloud
• Scripting: Good PowerShell scripting skills
• Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting skills
• Good knowledge of security concepts, IAM, VPN, and NextGen firewalls
• Troubleshooting: ability to troubleshoot problems solo and deliver solutions within a reasonable timeframe
• Be able to look at complicated systems to find flaws or room for improvement See Add’l comments for more required skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH
• Understanding and experience with Federal Security Standards such as NIST and DoD • Understanding and experience with FedRAMP Cloud Security Requirements