Associate Storage and Data Protection Administrator
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As an Associate Storage and Data Protection Administrator, you’ll work with the Storage and Data Protection team in support of a federal healthcare enterprise environment, including medical and scientific research and administration. In this role, you’ll be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and coordinating the use and proper operation of the storage and backup environments, ensuring the client’s critical science and research is stored, backed up, and protected.
· Administer, maintain, troubleshoot, and support large, complex multi-platform storage environment comprised of large fibre channel SAN with multiple SAN directors, servers, and frame technologies.
· Provide 24×7 on call customer support.
· Review and Maintain data permission and security in consult with primary data owners.
· Maintain data integrity, and data protection based on established policies.
· Deliver services per SLA/OLA agreements.
· Support disaster recovery tests for storage and backup infrastructure.
· Perform scheduled inventory on storage and back up hardware and devices.
· Perform routine firmware/software updates, planned and emergency maintenance, and other tasks as required to maintain the infrastructure.
· Perform ad hoc storage support tasks.
· Develop and maintain technical documentation in a ServiceNow knowledge base.
· Verify backups are scheduled and retention schedules are met.
· Verify backup processes are running effectively.
· Resolve failed backup jobs.
· Review and Analyze reports on job success/failure.
· Perform file restore operations.
· Monitor tape library operations, and work with vendor for troubleshooting and issue remediation.
· Tape maintenance and remediation.
· Admin support for storage devices, including NetApp, Isilon, etc.
· Patch cabling for SAN requests.
· LUN administration (add/remove).
· Storage allocation administration for end users/groups.
· Resolve issues with file/folder permissions.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
This program provides a full range of infrastructure support to a leading federal agency including server architecture design and maintenance, application hosting and administration, providing fixes and upgrade patches and ensuring cyber security compliance protections. You’ll join a team balancing process-driven IT operations and Lean engineering with an integrated culture of continuous improvement, coupled with innovation and high-quality support services.
Years of Experience: 2 years experience.
Education: Undergraduate Degree or equivalent preferred.
Location: Rockville, MD (hybrid – mostly remote, but onsite required on scheduled, and occasionally ad hoc basis).
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Federal OMB Public Trust clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent customer service and support skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and awareness of surroundings (as working in a data center is required).
- Experience maintaining a multi-tiered storage environment including SAN/NAS platforms.
- Experience supporting enterprise-level backup environments, preferably with Commvault Simpana.
- Experience identifying process improvements for storage and backup services to increase customer satisfaction.
- Hardware knowledge including tape libraries, Isilon, and NetApp.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Federal OMB Public Trust clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working and interfacing with medical and scientific research professionals.
- Experience maintaining critical scientific, medical and research data.
- Maintain ad-hoc storage data infrastructure within scientific laboratories.
- Understanding and ability to follow industry-proven methodologies including ITIL, Agile, and/or Lean IT.
- Working knowledge of all phases of the engineering lifecycle including conceptualization, planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, operations, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of cloud storage technologies.