Sharepoint UI/UX Designer
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As the SharePoint UI/UX Designer, you will be joining a growing team that is working on exciting and highly visible projects for our Department of the Treasury customers. You will have a strong graphic design and user interface design skillset and you will work with a highly collaborative team to bring fresh and innovative solutions to the customer.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The project you will be working on will be in support of maintaining current on-premises networking while supporting cloud migration. Additional tasks include:
- Responsible for troubleshooting network incidents, providing root cause analysis and documenting information in tickets and knowledge repositories
- Help to establish cloud-based network architecture based upon business requirements, for cloud migrations, while maintaining architectural best practices
- Analyze and adapt existing network infrastructure and network implementations to function in a cloud-based environment using cost-effective best practices
- Provide expert-level guidance to supervisory staff on networking considerations for cloud migrations and new infrastructure
- Provide all necessary documentation to detail networking and cloud infrastructure designs
- Develop, implement, and manage network engineering processes including configuration management and design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field (required)
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Top Secret
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements, analyze user needs, and design effective user interfaces for the web application
- Design UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our web application
- Collaborate with developers to ensure successful implementation of designs within an agile development process
- Continually review and revise design recommendations and engage with digital users to ensure usability and user satisfaction
- Create written user documentation, instructions, and procedures for the purpose of training new users and improving overall user proficiency
- Research, analyze, and test new technologies and design trends to improve the user experience
- Ensure the web application meets accessibility standards and complies with government brand standards and guidelines
- Ability to wireframe, prototype, and validate work using design tools
- Knowledge of web application design principles and government branding standards
- Clearance: Top Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exceptional creative, technical, and analytic skills
- Strong attention to quality and detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Experience supporting clients in the cleared environment
- Experience supporting Department of Treasury customers
- Experience with SharePoint Subscription Edition