SAP Controlling (CO) Functional Consultant
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SAP CO Functional Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM’s offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work in a Tier 2 system analyzing and supporting end-users in business processes in SAP CO to manage the Navy’s flow of cost and revenue including assignment and management of cost and activity planning functions, assignment, and management of overhead allocation functions; view actual costs by cost object (cost center, internal order, WBS, etc.); view/manage variances between planned cost and actual cost; supporting custom interfaces such as Defense Daily Expenditure File (DDEF) and Gross Pay Reconciliation (GPR).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 or more years of SAP experience. Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in the Controlling (CO) module.
- Ability to provide direct customer service to SAP end users and communicate requirements to both Tier 3 and customer leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in a recognized technical, engineering, business, or other related discipline. 4 or more years of relevant experience may be substituted for the BS degree
- Federal experience required ( DoD Payroll )
- Must be able to clear a DoD clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP
- Familiar with Navy and/or DoD IT architectures such as Defense Departmental Reporting System (DDRS), Defense Cash Accounting System (DCAS), Government Purchase Card, Defense Travel System (DTS)
- • Experience in post-production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, BW, SCM, SRM, etc. (in a Tier 2 environment)