Sr Campaign Manager
Apptio, an IBM company, is the leading technology spend and value management software provider. Its AI-powered data insights empower leaders to make smarter financial and operational decisions. A pioneer and category leader in Technology Business Management (TBM) and FinOps, Apptio works with thousands of customers, partners, and community members worldwide. Visit www.apptio.com.
This is a campaign role within the Apptio Marketing team of IBM and can be located in Bellevue Washington, Austin Texas or Morrisville North Carolina.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Sr. Campaign Marketing Manager for Apptio, an IBM Company, your primary objective is to develop and execute on a campaign strategy that supports business objectives. You will build a deep understanding of the buyer journey and work closely with cross-functional teams to develop campaign messaging, manage campaign execution and measure campaign performance. As a senior leader on the team you will also help shape and scale our global campaigns sharing best practices across the greater Marketing org.
You’re both a data-driven and creative thinker who cares about creating engaging experiences for our audience. You’re a natural connector and have a knack for being highly organized, while navigating a fast-paced environment. You thrive in a team that deeply values collaboration, feedback and learning.
- Develop a deep understanding of the buyer persona and pain points
- Work with the Corporate Communications and Product Marketing teams to develop engaging campaign messaging
- Understand business and campaign goals and work with cross-functional teams to create a plan to achieve those
- Heavily contributes to quarterly campaign planning and reporting
- Heavily contributes to annual marketing strategy with an eye on the vision and MBOs
- Work with Content & Product Marketing teams to define the buyer journey, identify content gaps and develop the content roadmap
- Develops quarterly campaign plan
- Work with cross functional teams to execute campaign tactics
- Lead programs and initiatives that involve participation from multiple campaigns
- Shares best practices with campaign marketing counterparts and the greater Marketing org
- Consistently looks for opportunities to improve campaign processes or cross functional collaboration
- Offers new ideas for scaling campaigns to meet business growth goals while meeting efficiency goals
Reporting and Optimization:
- Establish goals and KPIs to measure program impact and utilize data to drive insights for quarterly plans.
- Build repeatable tactic toolkits for optimal performance
- Strong analytical skills to test, track and report out results and present them confidently
- Offers suggestions for new ways to inspect result and measure performance of campaigns
- Directly contributes to Quarterly Business Reviews with insights and suggestions for improvement
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years SaaS B2B Marketing experience
- 2+ years Campaign management experience
- Strong influencing ability and executive presence
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable managing multiple demands and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience working at a growing company
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Cloud technology