Senior UX Designer - Product-led Growth
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented designer to lead delivery of a great end-to-end customer experience for a new product. You’ll join the worldwide design organization for Sustainability Software – a part of IBM that is collectively responsible for software products focused on AI-enabled solutions that help our customers make more informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their businesses and services.
• Lead with an owner’s mentality to deliver ideas and design outcomes that differentiate our solutions in the market.
• Translate research into outstanding user experiences, stewarding design from concept to final code.
• Create key UX artifacts such as concept maps, storyboards, taxonomies, prototypes, patterns, information architecture, workflows and design specifications.
• Own operational outcomes managing project tasks and deliverables using agile methodologies.
• Drive alignment by collaborating with developers, marketers, product managers and other stakeholders to drive a shared understanding of user’s needs and behaviors.
• Make data-driven decisions –from one source of truth– with a bias for understanding and action.
• Lead team stand-ups & playbacks and present design work as part of a compelling narrative to elicit buy-in from cross-disciplinary stakeholders.
• Understand business problems across our customer set in order to have context for deliverables.
• Collaborate with a wide variety of people (design researchers, content designers, developers, product owners, etc.) across our worldwide teams.
• Create a positive critique and feedback culture, delivering feedback with honesty and kindness and receiving feedback with openness and a growth mindset.
• Review designs from other team members, improving the work while growing the designers and supporting their career development.
• Foster a team culture of diversity and transparent collaboration.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience (7+ years) solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mockups and prototypes (low- and high- fidelity), as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UI.
• Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design, layout & composition and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents.
• Experience with design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.).
• Strong communication and storytelling skills.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, team-based environment.
• Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design and design best practices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Understand modern design thinking and design trends (including responsiveness and accessibility).
• Experience with enterprise software design and delivery
• Experience with working with and contributing to a design system