Quantum Industry Application Consultant
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
Quantum computers are incredibly powerful machines that take a new approach to processing information. Built on the principles of quantum mechanics, they exploit complex and fascinating laws of nature that are always there, but usually remain hidden from view. By harnessing such natural behavior, quantum computers can run new types of algorithms to process information more holistically. They may one day lead to revolutionary breakthroughs in materials and drug discovery, the optimization of complex manmade systems, and artificial intelligence. We expect them to open doors that we once thought would remain locked indefinitely.
IBM is looking for a Quantum Industry Application Consultant who will provide finance (banking and insurance) industry-specific thought leadership and technical and business advisory services as part of our Quantum team of experts. You will collaborate across a network of IBM experts and with external parties to drive quantum computing awareness, adoption and identification of exploratory use cases in support of C-suite initiatives with strategic clients.
- Create C-suite advisory artifacts and thought leadership for financial services (banking and insurance industry with deep business and technology focus.
- Identify exploratory use cases, progress understanding of potential computational applications and anticipate implications for clients within financial services (banking and insurance) industry.
- Deliver business industry and technical advisory services to guide clients throughout their Quantum journey.
- Cultivate client relationships and establish quantum eminence within financial services (banking and insurance) industry.
- Work on active client engagements to prepare for future use case commercialization within financial services (banking and insurance) industry.
- Global travel will be required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong financial services (banking and insurance) industry expertise.
- Emerging technology background combined with an education background in STEM and knowledge in quantum computing.
- Experience in machine learning, optimization, numerical simulation, or with deep market expertise.
- 5 years of experience in strong business and technology consulting.
- 5 years of experience in strong ideation and C-level communications skills.
- 5 years of experience in consultative technical sales and client relationship management experience.
- 5 years of experience creating and presenting white Papers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 years of experience in strong business and technology consulting.
- 10 years of experience in strong facilitation and C-level communications skills.
- 10 years of experience in consultative technical sales and client relationship management experience.