Tax Professional - Valuation and Transfer Pricing
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking candidates to join its U.S. transfer pricing and valuation practice. Transfer pricing is a multi-disciplinary sub-specialty supporting International Tax Services, State and Local and Tax Effective Supply Chain Management and Controversy groups. IBM is a globally integrated enterprise that targets the intersection of technology and effective business.
This is a challenging and fast paced position that requires a candidate to understand valuation principles, CAPM/WACC, financial reports and prepare financial and economic analyses of inter-company transactions involving cross border flows of goods, services and intangible property. The individual should have basis and familiarity with valuation principles and be able to construct transfer pricing and valuation-based models.
Lead transfer pricing projects to successful completion:
- Develop models for valuation analysis including understanding of Build-up method and CAPM, knowledge of DCF modeling & other valuation techniques (market multiples, cost replacement, etc.)
- Develop financial models to determine intercompany prices, royalty rates and other cross-border charges;
- Perform economic and financial analyses in support of business decisions;
- Assist in preparing audit analyses, support audit-ready files and draft memorandums/reports, as appropriate;
- Work with and understand complex accounting data residing in multiple systems such as planning, accounting, and internal measurement systems (e.g., can analyze and understand Hyperion, OneSource and/or similar accounting ledger data);
- Take a leadership role for inter-company matters with accounting, financial planning and external reporting foreign controllers, business managers and tax departments;
- Assist in drafting memorandums and reports describing transactions, analyses performed and conclusions; and
- Interact with tax and business executives, present transfer pricing planning strategies, answer technical questions, accounting and ledger questions, or other business information required for transfer pricing studies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Senior experience in Corporate Finance/Tax/Accounting/Transfer Pricing with an understanding of valuations, business models, and financial statements
- Demonstrate ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and focus on detail
- Strong financial modeling skills and ability to extract and interpret data from various internal systems (proficient in MS Tools specifically Excel, should be comfortable with Pivot Tables, Alteryx and/or Power queries)
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), decision-making, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar disciplines)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or CPA, ASA (or equivalent similar professional designation)