A career in IBM Software means you’ll be part of a team that transforms our customers challenges into solutions.
Seeking new possibilities and always staying curious, we are a team dedicated to creating the world’s leading AI-powered, cloud-native software solutions for our customers. Our renowned legacy creates endless global opportunities for our IBMers, so the door is always open for those who want to grow their career.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are: We’re looking for software development candidates that want to turn ideas into reality, with a focus on innovation and development of new technology. Our strategic Product Development team creates and delivers exciting database features that impact the business. You’ll work alongside global and local multidisciplinary teams of Developers, Architects, Engineers and Analysts focused on the next generation of solutions.
Who You Are: Do you enjoy working and thrive in a challenging yet collaborative team environment? If so, you’ll fit right in with our team. You employ creative thinking and collaboration as the foundation of your daily approach. Ideally, you’ll possess relational database knowledge (including SQL) and experience across multiple operating systems (Linux, Unix, and Windows). Passionate about technology and software, you have extremely strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
What You’ll Do: Our engine is comprised of many complex components such as indexing, data management, runtime interpreter, query compiler, and optimizer. As a Software Developer on the Database Development team, you will contribute to the design and implementation of new database warehousing functionality in the Database engine. Responsibilities will also include…Designing, coding, and unit testing future enhancements Investigating and resolving function test, system test, and performance issues.Today’s operating environment demands a stack that’s responsive to the innovative enterprise – one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. As a member of the database development team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to continue to make IBM Data & AI a place where you want to be – Inclusive. Creative. Collaborative. This fosters a culture where you are motivated to produce the best results possible…We’re hiring…..JOIN US.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 3 years experience in C/C++ Programming
- At least 1 year experience in Relational Database and SQL
- Knowledge of AND/OR Experience with Operating System Concepts (serialization, concurrency, multi-threading) and Data Structures (arrays, pointers, hash buckets)
- Experience with SQL Data bases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in Open Source Technologies
- Experience using Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Experience sorting AND/OR hashing Computer Science Algorithms
- Knowledge of GitHub, Jenkins
- Client-facing experience and negotiation skills