Senior SAP Finance Consultant
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who will sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM’s offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
This opportunity is for an individual with SAP S/4HANA experience in Finance and experience in leading teams. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping IBM to continue being recognized as the premier SAP solutions implementer in North America.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Leading an S/4HANA Finance stream with 5+ team members and a variety of clients
- Managing critical stakeholders
- Planning and staging the detailed work for the team in accordance with project milestones
- Communicating priorities to the team members including cross-functional activities and deliverables
- Consolidating and presenting the status, risk, issues, and key decisions from the stream to various stakeholders
- Reviewing the major solution design decisions and key deliverables from a Solution Architect perspective
- Following and guiding the team through the PMO defined project procedures and methodology
- Providing S/4HANA Finance expertise on the assessment of business and application requirements, functional and system specifications, fit/gap analysis and business process modeling, configuration, and testing
- Maintaining necessary documentation
- Actively performing knowledge transfer to clients
- Coaching the team members, managing their time, resolving any internal conflicts or resource issues
- Communicating in a team environment with clients and colleagues from a leadership position
- Providing support for deployment and sustainment as necessary
The salary range for the position is $119,000 – $221,000 based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate salary within this range may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience for this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 or more full project lifecycle implementations of SAP FICO as the Team Lead
- 1 or more full project lifecycle implementations of S/4HANA Finance
- At least 3 additional years hands on experience designing and implementing the SAP Finance and Controlling module
- S4/HANA experience
- Strong familiarity with SAP implementation methodologies – experience in the Activate methodology preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferred applicants will be S/4HANA certified
- CPA designation
- Has worked with offshore resources for project implementation.
- Has led or involved in POC (Proof of Concept) for new features in S/4HANA
- Has worked on Agile project and understands SAFe 5 Agile methodology and associated tools
- Has previously worked or participated in RFP (Request For Proposal) process