At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Data and AI seeks a Senior Product Manager to join our Toronto (Canada) team and own initiatives across our Data Fabric Portfolio.
In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the future of data and AI technology through the development and execution of our product roadmap. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to gather customer feedback, identify market opportunities, and develop innovative solutions. You’ll support sales and marketing initiatives to drive revenue growth.
You are a Product Manager with a history of successful product ownership and growth or have experience in an adjacent role (development, technical sales). Your peers would say you are trusted to successfully weigh customer outcomes, business impacts, and functional tradeoffs. You communicate in a way that leaves them feeling respected, heard, and understood. At the same time, the product features, and experiences you deliver are crafted with the customer front of mind.
- Define and execute the product strategy for our data and AI products
- Work with engineering, business development, sales, and marketing to bring products to market
- Gather customer feedback and identify market opportunities
- Develop innovative solutions that solve customer problems
- Manage the product lifecycle from discovery to launch
- Track product performance and metrics
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
- Track record of championing the voice of the customer, conducting customer-driven usability and hypothesis-driven experimentation
- Deep passion and curiosity, with a desire to create innovative solutions backed by data-driven insights
- Experience driving product ownership and growth in one or more phases of the product development lifecycle
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and manage multiple stakeholder relationships, relying on influence rather than authority, establishing a shared product vision
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
- Background on data and AI strategy, concepts, key trends, and competitors
- Prior Product Management driving considerable product growth for data and AI solutions
- Knowledge about IBM Data and AI products, technology, and customers