FTM Senior Containerization & Operator Architect
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Financial Transaction Manager (FTM) is a mission critical application for large banking systems, including the Federal Reserve, that is responsible for literally moving billions of dollars a day via different payment scheme solutions. We are looking for an energized self-starter to lead our FTM Deployment squad with deep Golang experience to development and enhance our new Go Kubernetes / OpenShift Operator. You will be working as a Senior Architect/Developer within a global team, reporting to Local and International Development Management. You will be primarily responsible for the end-to-end design integrity and implementation of containerization and operator-based development work for new features. This will require creating High Level Design documents and working with key stakeholders for review and approval. After design approval, you will be working closely with members of the squad to successfully drive the implementation. Additionally, you will be required to work mentoring junior members of your team, being a focal point for them. As a senior architect/developer, you will also be responsible for working directly with clients, interacting with them for requirements gathering, scope identification and participating in planning timelines and priorities. You would also be required to work on product documentation, build automation and work with the QA teams on the resolution of product defects.
- Development and oversight of Go Kubernetes / OpenShift Operator
- Take ownership of the Containerization and Operator aspects of product functionality, including the design, code & unit test of new product features
- Review Requirement documentation and technical specifications
- Lead and Mentor junior developers across multiple Geographies
- Potentially act as Scrum-Lead for various product deliverables
- Defect resolution, working with QA team on resolution of issues
- Provide input into planning and status tracking
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Self-Starter who is a very quick learner of new technology, be able to multi-task, and have strong analytical skills
- 2-5 years development experience with Golang
- Experience with Kubernetes or Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with Containerization or Operators lifecycles
- Containerized application development / deployment – e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with end-to-end software design, development, test experience
- Bash or Python skills
- Linux skills. Install / updates packages, knowledge with most popular commands, etc…
- Ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving / debugging
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Experience with popular IEDs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or VSCode
- Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, and debugging skills.
- Works well in a global team environment but is also able to work independently
- Fluency in English.
- Cloud development or experience with IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, or GCP
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic messaging / eventing experience such as IBM MQ, Kafka, or Rabbit MQ
- Basic database skills, such as DB2, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, or Oracle
- Fluent with GitHub / ZenHub