ELH & Technical Sales Program Management Intern (January - 12 months)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12-month work term commencing January 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post- secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
You will work with IBM Canada’s Entry Level Hire Program Management Internship Leader to manage the sales hiring program. This includes assisting in the management, organization and event management for the full-time sales and elite internship programs. Collaborating with IBM sales, technical, executive, human resources, financial, and other support resources to continuously enhance the Program. In addition, you will also be working on a variety of individual and collaborative projects across IBM Technical Sales.
Grow your skills and knowledge in emerging trends in the IT industry, and IBM’s market leading cloud & cognitive solutions for enterprises. You will have the opportunity to develop your business skills and consultative sales techniques to provide real client value, influence decisions, and meet business requirements in a fast-paced and ever- changing environment with a diverse group of people.
- Strategic planning for Sales program which includes training events, initiatives, and ongoing tracking of the program.
- Collaborate, network, and facilitate events with senior executives and sales leaders across IBM Canada
- Market the IBM Program by collaborating with universities & student groups to find top talent.
- Excellent project management skills that will be utilized throughout the year to proactively manage projects around recruitment, program management and marketing.
- Consult and provide recommendations to the Program Leader on candidates to be selected for internships.
- Provide leadership and program guidance to Interns across the country.
- You will be responsible for analysis and weekly reporting, as well as providing training and enablement to sales professionals as we transform through this cultural shift of NPS.
- You will also help us analyze where we have pervasive issues and help manage projects to address them.
- You will be exposed to a variety of individual and collaborative projects that will allow you to work with IBMers from all across the country and will have the opportunity to develop your business skills in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a diverse group of people.
- Opportunity to learn & work with IBM’s sales leaders on client meeting preparation, strategic sales initiatives, attending client calls & overall consultative sales techniques
- Opportunity to lead, coordinate and participate in meaningful volunteer initiatives.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Interest in pursuing a sales career in the technology industry.
Aptitude to learn.
Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrates a passion for Project Management skills by managing and executing on multiple projects.
A passion for coaching and mentoring
Proven leadership skills, strong attention to detail, time management skills, resourcefulness and proactiveness
Ability to analyze feedback to derive meaningful insights and create actionable & innovative recommendations.
Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
Eligible to work 12 months starting in January
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in client sales or service.
- Experience with event planning and coordination (virtual and in-person)
- Co-op or internship program enrolment
- Understanding of information technology & its strategic business value
- Understanding & use of innovative selling technologies to network, engage clients (e.g., analytics, social media)
- Experience includes all settings, such as coursework, informal or side projects, internships, and work experience, leading to a result or achievement.
- At least 3 months experience in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering concepts.