SAP PI/PO - Western Canada CIC
As an Application Package Specialist, you’ll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You’ll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments.
- Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in SAP Practice – SAP PI. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
Below are the Responsibilities for the position include:
- Integration Strategy and Planning: Collaborate with business leaders and IT stakeholders to define the integration strategy. Develop a clear roadmap for integrating systems and applications, considering both immediate and long-term objectives.
- Team Leadership: Provide strong leadership to the integration team, including integration architects, developers, and analysts. Mentor and guide team members in their professional development.
- Quality Assurance: Establish and enforce integration standards and best practices to maintain consistency, reliability, and quality in integration solutions.
- API Management: Develop and oversee an API strategy, including API design, documentation, and version control. Promote the efficient use of APIs within the organization.
- SAP Integration Implementation: Develop, configure, and implement SAP Cloud Foundry or SAP PO integration scenarios, leveraging pre-built and custom integration content. Ensure that integration flows are robust, secure, and meet performance expectations.
- Work and collaborate with other technical developers to develop interfaces between separate systems
- Full documentation of functional and technical specifications
- Address error handling, monitoring and automation of interfaces
- Actively work on staying current with the latest technology advancements from SAP in the areas of your core competence
- Strong communication skills written and oral
Must be located in Calgary or willing to relocate.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficiency in SAP Integration technologies, including but not limited to SAP PI, RFC, IDoc, SOAP, REST, SFTP, OData, and XML.
- Strong understanding of SAP application modules and their data structures.
- Experience with Java or Groovy programming languages for customization and scripting.
- Define data mapping rules and implement data transformations as needed to ensure compatibility between systems.
- Create integration flows using SAP Cloud Foundry or SAP PO development tools. Implement error handling and monitoring mechanisms.
- Set up monitoring tools and dashboards to proactively identify and resolve integration issues. Monitor system performance and optimize integration flows.
- Manage integrations across a range of SAP platforms, including but not limited to: S/4HANA, EWM, IBP, SAC, CPI, Cloud Foundry.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of related experience