SAP BI/BW Consultant - Western Canada CIC
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for greater efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in SAP Practice – SAP BI BW.
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders (business sponsors, IT leadership, subject matter experts, architects, project management, line management, etc.) in producing technical solutions and designs that meet enterprise requirements
- Design and implementation of complex and strategic BI projects
- Responsible for driving requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of BI applications
- Technical Project Management for BI projects.
- Service-minded and strong business insight and process understanding
- Possess excellent communication skills in English, as well as good presentation and documentation skills.
Must be located in Calgary or willing to relocate to Calgary.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven technical and functional experience on SAP BW and or BO systems Autonomous project management
- Deep knowledge of SAP BI/BW architecture, solution design, Data Warehousing and Data Integration
- Experience in Multi-dimensional databases and integrating data from multiple disparate systems.
- Experience with SAP BW on HANA/BW4HANA working on Hybrid and HANA native models
- Experience in data source enhancements and administration
- Experience in developing Infocubes and queries in at least one of the following modules: SD, FI, PP, MM
- Understanding of HANA Studio, BObJ/BI Platform 4.2: WEBI, Dashboard Designer, OLAP for Analysis, SAP Lumira, Design Studio.
- Familiarity with methods to sourcing data (HANA SDA and SDI) from SAP and non-SAP systems into HANA.
- Familiarity with Native HANA transports, XS engine, Web applications, and HANA XSA.
- Must have completed at least two full Native HANA (preferably including BW) implementation projects
- Expert knowledge of SAP applications and architecture for SAP HANA and SAP BW on HANA
- Experience with HANA life cycle Management
- Expert Knowledge of SAP HANA performance Optimization. Database performance tuning and optimizing queries.
- Experience with SAP technical architecture stack, Data Provisioning Mechanisms, SAP integration technologies (SDI, SLT, SRS, SAP Business Objects data services, Data Services Replication), and SAP HANA technologies (HANA studio, Eclipse, SQL development)
- Excellent knowledge of database design. Understanding of in-memory computing technologies (In-memory columnar database functionality).
- Good understanding of other databases (relational, dimensional)
- Good understanding of how to extract data from cloud-based applications (process, allowed technologies) and on-prem applications
- Experience in SAP HANA information models such as Procedure and Hana Views
- Experience with HANA Studio, HANA SQL Script and Modelling
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP BI certification and experience in SAP Lumira, SAP HANA, and SAP Analytics Cloud are a plus