Software Support Developer Intern (May 2024 - 16 months)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16 month work-term commencing in May 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
Product Support is vital for IBM customers to use and leverage IBM software to solve their business problems. It aims to bring problem resolution closer to the client and ensure a common, efficient, and streamlined process.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position provides the opportunity to work with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and related supply-chain centric software in a fast-paced team in the Sustainability Software organization. Successful candidate will be expected to provide remote configuration assistance, troubleshooting and resolution to customer issues and drive client success.
New hires will be provided training in standard and advanced user functionality. Pairing with a mentor and continuing in a collaborative team environment. Applicants must be able to openly share ideas and communicate thoroughly and professionally in both verbal and written forms.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Employ IBM’s Design Thinking to support products and propose designs and changes, that give a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Support for IBM end-user customers on IBM B2Bi SaaS; Interact with a variety of systems and tools necessary for each customer’s unique implementation.
- Assist clients directly via (web/email/chat/phone) to customers using problem determination and technical analytical skills.
- Use technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support organizations to prioritize and work problems to resolution.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) by collaborating with client and other engineers.
- Develop, document, and communicate action plans to clients and IBM teams as appropriate. Look for avenues to recommend/or implement new solutions or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, or processes.
- Participate in department objectives such as building the knowledge base (writing technical tips for both internal and external users), improving serviceability, mentoring team members, and contributing to high customer satisfaction.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A passion for customer success and problem solving.
- Excellent Customer service and interaction skills with emphasis on written, verbal, and listening communication skills and must be able to clearly articulate solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple customer situations concurrently – being able to prioritize appropriately – providing timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries.
- Proficient in self-troubleshooting (personal computer/phone/Servers issues, etc)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities at once and to collaborate within a team.
- Knowledge of EDI or Supply Chain is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work 16 months starting in May
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience with software support or group projects where collaborative troubleshooting and problem solving was done.
- Understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand trivial conditional logic.
- Previous experience with any CRM software (Salesforce, Zendesk or similar)
- Experience or ability in troubleshooting complex data flows.
- Basic understanding of Network protocols, File transfer protocols (including EDI, AS2, HTTP/S, S/FTP, APIs)
- Strong operating system knowledge, hands on experience in scripting, good coding skills, agile, project management, design thinking are plus.
- Registered in a formal co-op/internship program