DevOps Resource Intern (January 2024 - 12 months)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, ON and is 12 months work term commencing in January 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary instiution and returning to Full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
Digital Business Automation on Cloud (DBAoC) team provided a Managed Service to our customer base. DBAoC manages multiple offerings with a wide customer base.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
- You’ll pair with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- You’ll automate and optimize processes, using tools like, Ansible, Docker, and AWS.
- You’ll design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
- Engage Customers via support cases to resolve challenges with their Offering.
- Collaborate with L2/L3 Product specialist to resolve customer changes.
- Ansible is considered a strong asset.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for ensuring scalable and highly-available products.
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
- You have a basic understanding of programming/scripting in a language such as Java, Python.
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile Development Methodology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Operating System Knowledge – Linux & Windows
- Ansible Automation
- Must be eligible to work 12 months starting in January
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Customer Relations
- Soft skills: Collaboration & documenting
- Registered in a formal co-op/internship program