Db2 DevOps Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare diseases. The IBM DBA SaaS team provides access to a production-ready, security-rich, cost-effective cloud infrastructure, managed by IBM and designed to help drive business value and competitive advantage while facilitating reduced operational risk. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Database Analyst supporting the IBM DBA SaaS organization in support of DB2 database server architecture within the DBA SaaS offerings, installation & configuration process design and problem management resolution support.
This resource is required to implement the database architecture to support the complexity of multiple DBA SaaS offerings, translate that architecture to the automated provisioning process, and provide support to Db2 issues that arise in production tenants.
Individual must posses an in-depth knowledge of DB2 LUW with versions up to 11.x, capable of resolving complex issues, and hands-on experience in architecture design, installation, configuration, backup technology, HADR, High Availability using HADR TSA, performance tuning.
The candidate should be well versed with DB2 best practices and should have experience in configuring DB2 to various security standards like ITCS, CIS etc.
Candidate should possess experience with shell scripting and automating DB2 tasks using shell or perl or bash scripts.
Knowledge on Linux operating system is a must.
Exposure to Nagios monitoring tool is a plus.
The candidate will work in a 24 x 7 team environment supporting external clients. Perform administrative functions of the DB2 LUW database servers to include vendor supported tools, support of IBM standard tools and maintain servers in accordance to customer agreed upon security settings.
Candidate will need to have strong communication skills both verbal and written, have the ability to work independently (self starter) and in a team environment, and the ability to support critical situations (Crit Sit) and define to DB2 processes and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to implement new technologies, tools, and methods.
Candidate will be required to work rotational shift timings, noon – 8pm EST to begin with, to support external clients. Candidate may also be required to work on call basis on some Saturdays.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years of Db2 database administration experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux is a must and Windows environments is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Installing configuring DB2 LUW with HADR in High availability mode using TSA
- Demonstrated knowledge of various backup procedures including storage level replication
- Demonstrated knowledge of Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure DB2 runs at optimal health; performance troubleshooting as necessary (I/O, CPU, identify bottlenecks, etc…).
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to manage priorities in a changing environment.
- Candidate will need to have strong communication skills both verbal and written, have the ability to work independently (self starter) and in team environments, ability to response/support critical situations (Crit Sit) and quickly adapt to defined process and procedures.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 year experience in DB2 Administration on Linux and Windows environments.
- At least 5 years experience in configuring and supporting HADR environment with high availability using TSA.
- Experience in developing scripts for various DBA activities.
- Experience in any public Cloud providers such as IBM Cloud.